Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Adjusting to a New Home

So, I guess we've been in CT for 1 month of our 2 month, 1 week stay. Time has flown by. We haven't been able to visit Mark and Shana yet, but we did visit with Daniel and Brittney. We're going to Maine for the weekend to see the fall colors on the coast. I hope it turns out great.

My flag football team can't seem to win. But I still have fun. I also can't seem to keep the skin on my knees because I dive to much trying to pull flags, or catch passes. The grass is scratchy, I always hope it rains the day before we play. :(

In other news, MaryP is two months and one day old now. She got her shots yesterday. Four in her little legs, and one orally. I guess the oral one wasn't a shot. Here are her battle wounds.
The nurse said she was a very good baby and that we were lucky. I agree. Woodine did say that MaryP was very well behaved for the shots. The day after, she is not feeling as good.

I finished reading Twilight today, and Christine is almost finished Eragon. I think we'll swap. I also checked out a book called Thunder Below about Eugene B. Fluckey who died this last month. He was an amazing submariner who received the Congressional Medal of Honor, and a bunch of other awards for his daring raids on the Japanese during WWII. His submarine (USS Barb) sunk more Japanese Naval tonnage than any other American ship (including aircraft carriers).

And last of all - I wanted to let everybody know that I think MaryP is cute. And here is my evidence.

































9 comments:

Lady said...

You are right - she is very cute!! I hope she feels better soon, shots are no fun. Have fun in Maine - my aunt and uncle just moved there on Monday from here. You should stop in and say hi :) So what did you think of Twlight? Did you like it well enough to want to read book #2?

Aaron said...

Yes, I liked it enough that I want to read New Moon. I thought it got slow in the middle, but I liked it.

Cougarg said...

clhaMost people say they have cute kids, but even if they don't, you can't disagree with them. However, with your photo evidence, while I can't say she is the cutest baby, I'd say she is in the 99th percentile.

I stinketh not!! said...

My gosh she is soooo cute. OK its a bit diffrent reading something from Woood, I couldn't imagine what Woodine was doing playing Flag football :. Sorry bout your Luck. Jas is in sec 1 now and so his games are going a bit better. I remember Boo getting shot's I almost cryed right along with her. Have a good time in Maine. Sis Spring and I are heading to VT.. not sure why but it will be fun. Love you guys

alison said...

She's even cute when she's crying!

I personally liked New Moon the best out of the series (but nobody understands why--it's just me); I thought Eldest was much better than Eragon because it didn't sound quite as forced.

I'm still surprised that summer's gone! I drive around, or just look out my window, and I keep being surprised that the leaves are changing colors! But, it's beautiful here, too, and I'm glad you have some time to enjoy the beautiful autumn over there.

Taffy said...

Your evidence is convincing. She is a doll! Kiersti had shots last week and then ran a temp of 104! That was not fun:( I hope MaryP feels better now. She sure looked sad in her picture.

Peanut said...

I like that baby.

Anonymous said...

I've got Twilight in my queue ... and it's quite a long queue after the past two years of school not letting me read everything I wanted to read.

I haven't been able to get through Eragon on either of my attempts. I guess my failed attempt at watching the movie of a plane ride counts as three failures. Maybe the story's just not for me ...

Princess Gerty said...

Those pictures are so cute!!

Yes, with Autumn time around here, we just enjoy being able to be outside. The whole neighborhood hangs out on the street in the evening and it's great weather and great fun.