Friday, December 18, 2009

Arizona.

A one word sentence. That's what Woodine and I have been saying to each other for the last couple of days.

I will finish up my tour here in Washington in the Spring and we will be headed to Arizona for two years.

Woodine and I were surprised at first. We thought we might be going somewhere else, but as we have thought about it more and more, we are very happy to be headed south. I look forward to living close to so many sisters and friends.

I can look back in my life and see several times where the Lord has had something waiting for me while I had slightly different plans. So far His plans have turned out to be much better than how I would have done it. I expect this move may be that way as well.

I will miss our many friends in this area, as well as the stunning scenery. I am glad I could have the time up here to visit with my Aunt Betty before she passed away, as well as the time we have had to get to know my Uncle Leo and both sets of Woodine's Grandparents. We love this area enough that we have considered settling here, but we both feel that for now it is time to move somewhere else.

Wish us luck!

7 comments:

alison said...

Um, is there anything you'd like to add to that? I, personally, am sitting at the edge of my seat in anxious anticipation to know what comes next! Please, please tell me there's more!

Melanie said...

:) Yeah! I get to see your cute kiddos! (And ya'll, of course.) How fun. :)

I'm anxious to hear all the details.

Mel

chellae said...

So Arizona is pretty much not Iowa. Funny, maybe we'll end up as neighbors after all. Jim has decided to apply to MBA school for this coming Fall and I think he'll be looking at Thunderbird in Phoenix. Where exactly will you be? Good luck!

Princess Gerty said...

Woohoo! We can't wait to welcome you! Soak in all of the green and cool you can before you leave, cuz you will be coming just in time for our hot season. Yay yay yay for us and our kids, though!

Cougarg said...

Still visiting in Utah next summer?

~T~ said...

Arizona?
It's a one-word question I saw scrawled on a locker in Quebec. I don't remember what sort of school it was in, or why it was part of our Foreign Language Club tour, but the question has remained with me. And now it has new meaning. Arizona? What on earth are you going to do there? And whatever shall we do without you? No more "Whap-a-zing-ling and veep-a-leep," that's for sure. Ah, well. Enjoy the sunshine!

Erin said...

Whoa! I haven't checked blogs in a while...too long! Arizona sounds great! Is Aaron going to school there or why is it a 2-year stint? I haven't talked to you in such a long time. I need to call soon. I love the pics and videos of your dear little family. You look happy and content and that puts a smile on my face. Congrats on Arizona! Love ya, Erin