Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Too much time...

Online! I've decided I spend way too much time online, specifically if I'm planning something like a vacation. True confessions, sometimes I look around online for good vacation options even if we aren't thinking about taking a vacation. And if we are, it's even worse.

Wood has a few days off soon and we want to go to Boston to see some sights and go to the temple. We just want to go for one short night. No problem, right? Wrong. Here I have been at the computer looking for every possible deal available while trying to keep in certain specs. It really shouldn't be too complicated but time flies as I review, re-review, and visit yet again sites, hoping if I approach things one way or another maybe I'll be able to find the best deal ever! "Free breakfast, free parking, cheap rates, safe location, and easy walking distance to the sites." Yeah right. What I end up doing is looking at the clock on the computer screen wondering how I could have spent this much time online without having made a single decision and still be in my pj's with the laundrey and dishes begging for some attention. But I think "before I make a decision, just one more site..." I think it's time to decide, otherwise we'll spend our vacation online looking at places that would have been nice to stay!

8 comments:

Emmy said...

I have done the same thing a number of times. Sometimes you just have to make a decision and stop looking, because you might find a better deal and then it is too late!

Lady said...

I spend too much time online too. I have my everyday things that I check - bank account, library accounts, family blogs, email, daily news updates, pregnancy calendar - sometimes it seems like I am on all day. All that doesn't include when I am researching something- then I am really in trouble. I have to bribe myself and say "after I put a load in I'll get online, or after I get the dishes done or get out of the shower then I can have some time online" It's hard to be disciplined.

B said...

I'm the same way! I don't even have real vacations to blame! I just think, oh it would be nice to go here or visit so-and-so, so let's check it out! Good luck! Let us know how your Boston trip goes!

Taffy said...

Me too, me too! My rule is just that I have to read scriptures before I can get online. Then if nothing else, I've made one good decision for the day.

Boss said...

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who falls into the black hole of ONLINE! Have a great trip!

Ree said...

It's just that there are so MANY choices when ever you look into something online. All those choices just make decision-making harder and more time-consuming!

Man said...

Well it would have been fantstic to get together in Boston. I should have payed better attention to the blogs and we might have had a chance. Love you guys!

Trick said...

I took so long to commit to a plane ticket for our Hawaii trip that I missed some deals. It really worked out for the best in the end, though. It looks like your trip was fabulous too.