Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fifty-two weeks and one day a Year Maketh

- except on leap years -
One year ago today, I was with my sweetheart about to be married for time and all eternity. It seems like it hasn't been a year, but I guess the calendar doesn't lie.

I remember people saying to us, "Something will go wrong on your wedding day, so don't get to caught up in any problems and enjoy your day together." Though there was some stressful moments setting up for the reception the day before (Sorry Frogalee, M, B and others), our wedding day was wonderful. I remember talking with Woodine as we were departing for our fabulous honeymoon and determining that there really wasn't anything that went wrong at all.

In the past year Woodine has been such a strength to me. Often she hasn't felt well due to morning sickness. And even more often she has had to deal with a husband that likes to tease and push buttons (J, you are not alone). More seriously, she has had to endure the roller coaster of being married to a man in the military. She has dealt with so much. Our lives have changed a lot in the last year. I had a hard time imagining Woodine and I as being a family before, but now it just feels right.

I thank a loving Father in Heaven for blessing me with a wonderful wife . . . and wonderful life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first year of wedded bliss. Hopefully there will be many, many more for you to enjoy together.

Emmy said...

It only gets better, even the teasing!

B said...

Beautiful! Congrats on one year down, eternity awaiting!

Princess Gerty said...

Very nice! Keep up the good work!