Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Instability

I think eating ice cream directly out of the box is cathartic. It's good in a bowl, but for those moments when I need to enhanced comfort - I prefer straight from the box. We ate ice cream out of a box last night.

After celebrating that we are moving in August we found out that, never mind, we are moving in June. Just under 3 weeks before I'm due. Yuck. Okay, Wood's moving and the Navy won't stop me from going with him, even though I don't "have to" and am technically no "supposed to". So no fun, but we can deal with it, right? Here's the problem. Those at the top of the chain of command insist all of his class leaves in June. However, his lieutenant who participates in scheduling isn't so sure they're going to be able to get them out in June. Which means we're supposed to make complete preparations as though we're leaving in June, and then they may change the orders 4 to 2 days before we're supposed to leave. I can move in June -it's the instability that caused an emotional melt down for me last night - hence the cathartic ice cream.

On a positive note, we're still going to Washington, same boat and all. Connecticut is only a 10 week stint, so we can do this. Washington is a much longer commitment so I'm grateful that's in place. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and the baby is very healthy, and she will come regardless of where we are living - though she has strict orders not to come on the road while we move - thankfully it's not a long drive! So, I know things will work out but I am curious (and a little anxious) as to just how they will. But they will. Que sera, sera...........

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whether before or after, you won't be doing any heavy lifting, I hope. I'm sure you'll have a lot of people willing to help. Use them! We love you and are happy you know there will be some better stability soon.

alison said...

Ice cream helps. I'm sorry that you had the huge relief and perfect outcome before it was changed to be indefinite; it's almost worse (unless it's actually worse) than just being told June with the possibility of August. We love you and you guys are great, and life is going to be "perfect" soon.

Peanut said...

I definitely agree about the therapeutic value of eating ice cream straight from the box. I'm sorry about the change in plans, and how up in the air those plans are. Best of luck with the move--whenever it is!

Ree said...

Having your emotions yanked around like a yo-yo is no fun for anybody, but to do that to a pregnant lady is practically criminal! I hope that ice cream is premium.

Taffy said...

Go Navy! (Sorry! Get used to it.)

Anonymous said...

Too true Taffy, too true....though I seem to be going down kicking and screaming. I try to tell myself "that's Navy life" most of the time, but when it really counts I think "what is their problem?!" I guess that's Navy life!

Anonymous said...

Agh. That's more than you need to be worrying about right now!

Princess Gerty said...

The more I live life, I realize sometimes the best things are not planned for, but it sure feels better to have the peace or assurance that things will work out. I am so sad that plans don't look like the way you wanted. We will keep you in our prayers. You deserve all the comfort you need.