Tuesday, March 18, 2008

8 Months

I feel like there is an explosion of new things MaryP is learning to do. Every day it seems she figures out something new. I was certainly surprised to see her standing in her crib a few days ago!
She is a delight to have around. When I take her places people often comment on what a happy baby she is - she loves flashing her smile. She also loves to jump. And jump. And jump. Maybe she will more jump then walk when the time comes. But I'm not encouraging walking. This crawling business is keeping me busy enough! Exploring has also produced some bumps and bruises, but I guess that's part of the learning curve.




MaryP generally prefers regular household items (such as the pot we were playing with below) to colorful plastic toys, though she enjoys her toys if there is no wooden spoon or such available.

She has been sick the last two days and I believe she is much more pleasant to be around then I am when I'm sick! She gets that from her father. We sure love our sweet girl!!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Awww...what a sweet girl! I'm trying to keep my 2nd one little for longer. Big brother grew up too fast!

Dave said...

Hey ___________! (because I can't use your real name, I guess) I got wind of this blog from Steph, I didn't know you'd been keeping one since you got married. And I didn't know you had a daughter! Holy Smokes! Glad to see that life is treating you well. Our little girl is not due for another month and a half. I guess we joined the blog bandwagon a little later than you, but if you have a minute, come check us out at http://caraanddave.blogspot.com

Ree said...

She is such a pretty baby!

smlaw said...

Standing in the crib was the time when I had to teach H to learn to put her self to sleep. She used to get so mad she'd stand up and bite her crib rails. However it doesn't seem like your little one is having any issues with being mad!! Good luck with all this fun stuff. She is adorable!

Christine said...

She's happy because I'm in there to get her - she's mad when she gets left alone and I often find her grasping the crib railings looking out. We're working on the sleep-thing. Sitting and standing have definitely put a new spin on it!

I stinketh not!! said...

Wait until they crawl their way out of it. That's when all the fun really begins. I can't wait to see her. :)Oh and you too :)

Natalie said...

What a cutie! Our little one started climbing out so he is now in a bed, which seems to be worse... We have a little visitor in our room nearly every night! When am I going to sleep through the night? It's always something!

Erin said...

Yes, you do have an absolutely engaging little lady. I'm sure she's even more so in person! :)