Monday, December 08, 2008

Top Heavy


We finally put up our Christmas tree today. Woo-hoo! Note that the tree is looking a wee-bit top-heavy. All the better to keep ornaments out of little hands. MaryP is excited about all of the 'balls' on the tree. I love homemade ornaments and we have some from both Wood and my growing up years - maybe the tree doesn't look too sophistocated, but I love all of the associated memories!

MaryP clearly thinks box lids and baby dolls to make good tree decorations. Whatever works!

5 comments:

Cougarg said...

oh gee! Looks like MaryP's hair has started to take off! it looks like a lot of growth since "Hiker at Heart"!

I stinketh not!! said...

Wow look at her hair, Its really getting long. Great tree.

Ree said...

I was thinking the same about her hair! We've enjoyed several top -heavy Christmas trees over the years, too.

alison said...

And I was going to make a comment about her hair...

I like the baby doll addition. It's quite the look this year. Totally in.

Lady said...

We haven't even gotten our tree up this year. I was thinking the other day how bad I felt for my big kids but how in the end it was prob. better for me. I know that Piper will have a VERY hard time keeping her hands off of it. I think you tree is beautiful and the memories are what make Christmas special not a tree with color coordinated ornaments in the perfect spot. I also like the lids and babydolls - that will be a fun memory too.