Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gross

MaryP came up to me a few minutes ago saying "Yummmm". At a quick glance I thought she had chocolate around her mouth and I wondered where she'd found a piece of chocolate. Closer inspection, however, revealed that it was not chocolate but black lint around her mouth and on her hands. Gross!! I don't know if there had been a piece of food in there too or not, and I don't think I really want to know. There is a plastic grate that has been loose on the bottom of our refrigerator. She was playing with her magnets and must have gotten it off. The lint underneath was thick and has been collecting for who knows how many years. She'd shoved a bunch of her magnets under there as well. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised she ate lint seeing as how she also eats dirt if you're not watching her. Maybe there is a deficiency in her diet? I'll have to have Wood see if he can fix the grate tonight before she gets another hankering. Yuck!

4 comments:

alison said...

Eeewwwww...

I think it's just a kid thing (some put everything in their mouths and some don't). If it were a deficiency she'd have been looking for it. So, I guess if she keeps finding it, it's a deficiency...

Yuck.

Cougarg said...

Mmmmmmm.....

Liiiiiiiint........

What is the nutrition content of Lint that some deficiency could be satisfied by it?

Boss said...

Grace says she wants some too! She never believes me when I say that dropping a fruit loop on the floor through a dust bunny, past the dog's dish and under the fridge renders it (the fruit loop) inedible.

Princess Gerty said...

Maybe she craves more fiber...?!?