Sunday, May 17, 2009

Evening the Odds

It appears that things will be evening up a bit around here - our little boy was very cooperative for our ultrasound and we were happy to find our the gender - I like having a "he" rather than an "it" or "the baby". We are excited to have a boy, and no, we don't have a name chosen. Although Wood has thrown some fabulous ideas out, like Alfonzo or Leonard Nemoy. Our boy seems very healthy, which is fabulous, and very active, which I guess is fabulous. I have a hunch that he and his sister are going to keep me on my toes! He was quite wiggly during the ultrasound and now that I can feel him, he is pretty active. I liked this picture the best because it is a good profile but more than that you can see his little hand just above his head pushing up on my uterus. And I feel like he is saying "hey, I need a little more space to move around here - I have places to go!" which makes me smile.


MaryP doesn't really understand boys vs. girls or the fact that we have a baby joining us in 19 weeks. She loves baby dolls and our neighbor's little baby boy, so we'll see how she deals with the new addition.

Preparing for a primary singing time a few weeks ago I needed a car or truck or something as part of an object lesson/teaching and the only thing I could find was MaryP's ABC's bus her grandparents sent her. We have a serious lack of cars, trucks, and heavy equipment - though we do have a puzzle with an assortment of vehicles that MaryP can identify. I guess we'll have to get a little more manly around here!

13 comments:

alison said...

Yippee! I love boys!!

(And, we still have a dearth of girl toys. I've come to think of cars and trucks as "gender neutral." :)

Princess Gerty said...

Yay! I am so happy you'll have a boy just a few weeks younger than ours! Hooray for evening things out for you! What fun!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Congratulations! And how exciting to 'even the odds!' Baby boys are so much fun! I hope you haven't been too sick.

The Shaw Family said...

It was so nice to see you on Sunday, even if it was just passing by in the hallway. I haven't seen you the last couple weeks, but that's what happens when you are in Primary! Congrats on the baby boy. I'm sure there will be a great baby shower that will fill your need of "manly" toys.

Fireball said...

Awesome. Boys are fun!

Leisa said...

Fun, I'm sure your husband is excited for a boy to play ball and teach all sort of boy stuff to. Love the ultrasound pic, so cute to see him pushing up.

Toni said...

Love those ultrasound pics! And congrats!! Boys are the best. Plus, you'll have one of each. Lucky!

Ree said...

Must be the year for boys! congratulations!

Lady said...

YAY for you! Happy that you'll have one of each. Pressure is off from here on out.

I too love the ultrasound picture with his little hand holding up the blankets if you will. That's what it reminded me of - being under the covers and needing just a little more air. Hope the pregnancy continues to go well.

smlaw said...

Or he will just play with her dolls and things...that's what gavin does! I am so excited for you guys. Having both is so much fun!! Congrats!

chellae said...

We just love boys! Mine endlessly wear me out. Just wait... But they are so fun and so busy. Never believe anyone that tells you that girls are more emotional that boys. It is just an age thing (at least right now). Your pictures are are so cute and you are looking good. I don't suspect our paths will be crossing any time soon. We're still on the grad school path, but still just as undecided as ever. Remind me that being poor is okay and that there will still be enough to put a roof over our heads and food on the table.

Erin said...

Wahoo!! Congratulations! I'm sure MaryP will be a very good helper for her new brother. Thank you for such a sweet package recently. That made my day. We are anticipating an arrival soon. :)

I stinketh not!! said...

Wow... I've been so out of the loop. Congrats! When is the new baby due? Hope all is well. We need to do lunch sometime! Now that I'm 10 min away.