Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sunny weekend


This last weekend was awesome. Sunshine on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, temperatures getting up to the low 70's - perfect weather. Saturday we went hiking with my grandparents and just enjoyed relaxing at their home. MaryP loved playing in their back yard. They also have a lot behind their yard with trees and little paths to walk on - as a kid I remember feeling like it was a mini-forest. She was in heaven being able to run around and explore and we had a fantastic time just relaxing and visiting.

That evening we met up at Alki beach with one of Wood's HS friends that he hadn't seen in 10 years. We even managed to get a good parking spot - parking was nighmareish, so it was nothing short of a miracle to find one! The friend and his wife have 2 little girls and we enjoyed socializing near the beach where the girls could play. The only bad part was that the restaurant we chose to eat dinner at was not kid friendly (at all) but we made up for it with ice cream cones afterward. Next time I think we'll stick with fish and chips. We didn't start heading home until 8:00 but I had no idea how late it was because it was still light out. I love summer.




This comic made me smile because it is cloudy and rainy again today and I am anxious for summer to really be here, but it sure made me appreciate this last weekend that much more!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Fun to see you guys meeting up with "the high school friend."

Leisa said...

Sounds like fun. It seems once the weather finally cooperates, you gotta pack in all the fun while you can.