Saturday, January 24, 2009

. . . with mint frosting


Ever since MaryP was very young (about 2 weeks old), we have said that her favorite artist is Vincent Van Gogh. We liked listening to Don McLean's song Vincent because not only was it a nice song, but Elaine would quiet down and listen to the whole thing as content as a bug in a rug.

I still like the song, though we don't listen to it nearly as much.

Now Woodine is taking a cake decorating class. She brought home a

beautiful cake on Tuesday with white dots and pink flowers. I was reminded of a time when Gertrude and her "Sweethearts" date Hhil Punter made a cake resembling the namesake of MaryP's favorite song. Gertrude, do you have any pictures of that cake?

My family and friends are so talented, creative, and fun to be around. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for blessing my life and lifting me up in big and little ways all throughout my life.

And for all those that get the title of this post, I'm still trying to get my Masters in Biochemistry Wife to make a cellular peptide cake for me (with mint frosting of course.)

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Woodine, your cakes look great! Good job!

Melanie

Ree said...

Yeah, when I saw the title of your post, I thought about Klingons, not cake!

Cougarg said...

In the shape of Counselor Troi!

Leisa said...

Thats a cute cake. Me and michelle were just talking about when we used to "attempt" to bake and come up with new recipes when we were young, do you remember?

Christine said...

LOL - we sure came up with some crazy inventions!

Princess Gerty said...

I know I had some snapshots of that cake. I will have to do some digging and see if I can scan them in. By the way, our "The Starry Night" cake did have mint frosting, and we did quote star trek and make jokes about it. But, Woodine's cakes are 2 times cuter! Way to go!

I stinketh not!! said...

See Woodine you ARE crafty :) great looking cake.

chellae said...

Andrew saw Starry Night one day while I was on the computer looking for something. Since he has somewhat of an obsession with plants and the night sky, he was intrigued by the painting, after much discussion (he talked I listened) be bought a poster size print, framed it and now it hangs on the wall over his bed. He loves it! What a bright and tasteful little girl you are raising! Any chance you guys what to be in Utah middle of April? We'll be there to run the SLC half marathon.

alison said...

So do you guys eat the cakes after you make them? That's a lot of cake!