Thursday, October 04, 2007

All dressed up

So things are pretty laid back here in Connecticut. We have lots of time to spend together which is a nice reprieve before we get to the boat and life gets busy and Wood starts making trips out to sea. We do go out and about - to the library, on walks, etc. We also spend a lot of time around the house. Although after the conversation last night, I think maybe I've been a little too relaxed.

Scene: Me- dressed in jeans, a sweater, and my hair not in a bun (I really need to get it cut!).

Enter Wood, just coming home from a flag football game.

Wood: Hey, what are you all dressed up for?
Me: Um, I'm not dressed up. I just decided to change out of my exercise* clothes and put my hair down.
Wood: Oh, well it looks nice.

If jeans and a sweater is dressy, maybe I'd better re-think my daily routine! I guess it is a notch up from my semi-formal wear - jeans and a T-shirt!

*Wearing exercise clothes may or may not indicate actual exercise occurred.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

How funny... I've actually started calling my "exercise" pants... my house pants - they were purchased with the intent to exercise in them, but lately I find I usually just wear them around the house.

Your blog is super cute! I can't believe how big MaryP is getting... She is a doll!

The Tufts'

I stinketh not!! said...

That is so funny. That's still great he notices you no matter what you look like.

alison said...

When we were dating and John was dressed up, we got a lot of questions like "What are the two of you dressed up for? Some fancy date?"

Put simply, nobody asks that anymore.

Anonymous said...

Great recounting! I love your blog!

Erin said...

That anonymous person is me. I'm learning how to post comments!