Sunday, January 13, 2008

I guess I'm the worst at Tag

Five things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Getting ready to move out of my house in SJ and into my best friend Jay’s house.
2. Just finished a rigorous Christmas time singing schedule for my High School Madrigal Choir
3. Playing GURPS with my friends.
4. Talking on the phone for long periods of time with my little sister M who already moved to CA.
5. Participating actively in the Quill & Scroll Society, the Bread & Jam club* and the Croquet club.

Five things on my to do list today:
1. Study for the GRE
2. Hike in the Olympic mountains (in Washington - not Greece, though Greece would be nice too)
3. Play the Piano
4. Read scriptures
5. Catch up on my sleep – from my last underway on the submarine

Five things I will do when I'm a millionaire:
1. Get a house preferably close to family and a beautiful national park, or place to hike and camp
2. Save still
3. Go skiing with my father in law and wife
4. Try becoming a landlord
5. Go back to college

Five things I'll never wear again:
1. MC Hammer pants
2. The shirt “I got stitches from Sacred Heart Hospital” with a teddy bear on it, that I wore for two weeks straight in kindergarten before it got thrown away because it was filthy.
3. Diapers (hopefully)
4. Ensign Bars
5. Tights (for our Madrigal Medieval Banquet 10 yrs ago)

My favorite toys:
1. Hiking Boots
2. Ticket to Ride (board game)
3. the Computer
4. Settlers (board game)
5. Blokus (board game)

Five people to tag:
1. Ben
2. Jay
3. Tim
4. Bill
5. Caron

_____________________________________

* the bread and jam club was invented by some of my friends in High School as a club where we would meet after school and eat bread and jam. Someone would bring in homemade bread and homemade jam and it was delicious. I even listed being a member of the bread and jam club on some of my scholarship applications. You know, come to think of it, I got that scholarship too, probably only because of the B&J club!

9 comments:

alison said...

I want to start a Bread and Jam Club! Hmm, maybe an enrichment activity?...

I think you've come a long way! Great goals and fun remembering.

I stinketh not!! said...

Well out of all those great goals not ever wearing a diaper agian seems to be the one to look foward too. Great post.

chellae said...

Why am I not suprised that about three quarters of your favorite toys are board games. Did you know you can still buy the occasional pair of MC Hammer pants. Really.

Mark said...

I love ticket to ride! A friend got that for Christmas, and I got Settlers.

Emmy said...

I can't believe all that was 10 years ago! You are getting so old, Wood!

Aaron said...

lol! I'm getting old just as fast as you, M.

B said...

Better late than never I say! Was it really two weeks before that shirt got tossed?! LOL! I'm happy that one of your goals is to not wear diapers again.

Cougarg said...

Not exactly sure how the tag thing works, but mine is up now.

caron said...

We were just talking about the bread and jam club the other day! Good times, I tell you. Once when it was my turn to make bread, I killed the yeast and the bread didn't rise, but I brought it anyway and everyone was nice to eat it. I think it totally scarred me, and I didn't attempt to make anything yeast related for years. I have now recovered, thankfully.
That was awesome, wood. I really can't believe that was all 10 years ago! I will do my tag soon...