Sunday, July 13, 2008

Garden Update

I just wanted to let you know that our garden is doing pretty well. We had a few casualties (our basil, and yellow pepper plants died) but all in all I am very happy with it.

Here are our Oregon tomato and 5 cherry tomatoes.












And this is a tour. We have already eaten some spinach, But we need to eat more. I look forward to the carrots and tomatoes!


We have also harvested 3 strawberries (one perfect looking one that the birds got to and ate the morning before we were going to pick it, one that Woodine and I shared, and an itty-bitty one that MaryP cautiously ate and liked).

I'm glad it has turned out so well.

3 comments:

Cougarg said...

Like you, we've got a couple potted plants in the back. I love watching em grow! There is definitely a sense of satisfaction, especially when the fruit starts to develop. I should probably pick two of our tomatoes tomorrow. The peppers and cucumbers still have a couple weeks to go I think.

alison said...

Good job guys! I'm happy that you did an apartment garden--even if it isn't huge, it's something!

Boss said...

Congratulations! Now you get to enjoy the fruits (and vegetables) of your labors! (I'm so glad that joke never gets old.)